Bullyology is now offering all our programs online. We are here to support businesses navigate through the current environment and to build remote thriving workplace cultures.
What we do
Bullyology® provides individuals and companies with the tools and strategies that will enable them to create a thriving respectful workplace free of Bullying and Harassment.
Our vision is that
- Organisations are prioritising employee wellbeing
- Education and awareness is affordable and accessible
- People at work are taking ownership of their personal and mental wellbeing.
- Workplace bullying is in decline
- Employees are empowered to be upstanders (rather than harmful bystanders)
A workplace that actively promotes a positive culture and proactively handles bullying incidents is much better equipped to protect their two most valuable assets: their staff and their business reputation. Failing to address bullying loses money, wastes time and alienates employees.
- It has been estimated that workplace bullying costs Australian employers between $6 billion and $36 billion per annum – Safework
- Almost half of Australian will suffer bullying within working career
- According to Safework rates for both mental stress and harassment and/or bullying claims have risen over the last two years. (publication 28 Feb 2020)
- The Black Dog Institute and UNSW report: Developing a Mentally Healthy workplace: conclude Low social support, poor interpersonal relationships with colleagues (e.g. workplace bullying and conflict) and ineffective leadership are associated with an increased likelihood of mental health problems
Poor mental health and toxic work cultures is simply bad for business but the good news is companies that improve their workplaces and invest time, resources and money into their employees mental wellness are likely to expect a return of $2.30 for every one dollar invested (SOURCE: PRICE WATERHOUSE COOPER 2014)
FOUNDER STORY - JESSICA HICKMAN
Jessica has been running culture-focused workshops in Australia since 2013, and previously ran a number of highly successful training programmes for local government in the UK. She founded Bullyology in 2017 and is the author of Bullyology: Breaking the Silence on Bullying. Jessica has more than fifteen years’ experience as a results-driven workshop facilitator and has provided training and professional talks in the U S, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
As the founder of Bullyology® and Upstand Academy™
Jessica delivers practical solutions for workplaces, with expertise across multiple industries in Public and Private Sector.
Jessica is an in-demand speaker at business conferences, leadership workshops, charity fundraisers and corporate events, providing targeted keynote addresses on subjects that include workplace bullying, gender equality, corporate culture, mental health, resilience and more.
Workplace Training Programs
Bullyology workshop at Ozhelp Foundation, Canberra with CEO Darren Black.
Bullyology workshop at Master Builders Association
A motivational keynote speech from Jessica promises to be both inspirational and impactful. By understanding the uniqueness of her audience, Jessica seamlessly blends powerful, personal themes of overcoming obstacles with targeted messages that are engaging, topical and relevant for each individual event.
Lunch & Learn / Tool Box Talks / Webinars
Participants will be educated on awareness, make an emotional connection to the topic and empowered to be upstanders.
- The Upstander Effect – Building Upstanders rather than silent bystanders
- Bullying & Harassment – Cause & Effects
- Psychological Safety – Why do we value physical safety over psychological safety?
- Resilience – How to survive & thrive toxic workplace cultures
- Psychosocial Hazards – Workplace risks harming your personal and business success
- Overcoming adversity – Finding our greatest gift
- Building a Thriving Workplace Culture
Building a Thriving Workplace Culture is designed to open the conversation on the damaging effects of a toxic workplace environment.
Workplace Bullying Awareness is a practical workshop designed to give all employees a more complete understanding of workplace bullying: how to prevent it and how best to deal with it when it occurs.
Managing Workplace Bullying is a comprehensive workshop designed to give managers the skills, strategies and information they need to prevent bullying and harassment in work environments, understand its causes and effects and efficiently deal with it when it occurs
Presentation topics can be delivered as live webinars, pre-recorded, or streamed as a virtual keynote using state of the art studio
“Jessica delivered a keynote digitally to our WIDAC Community after we had to pivot from face to face events. The content was fantastic! Jessica’s courage to share her story and use her experiences to be a positive change maker was truly inspiring. She genuinely connected to our community through the screen and empowered them to share their experiences. We would be thrilled to welcome Jessica back again both online and when we return to face to face event.”
GET FREE UPDATES
bullyology is a professional member of these associations: