For this episode, I interviewed Brooke Taylor founder of Brooke Taylor Coaching.
Brooke shares a fascinating insight into life growing up in the tech hub of Silicon Valley in the 90s, where hyper-masculinity and suspended femininity played a massive part in misaligned success values that eventually lead to toxic addictive behaviours and unrealistic self-expectations.
Working for one of the ‘Tech Giants’ Brooke experienced workplace harassment from a person in an authority figure whom she trusted and respected.
Brooke is sharing her story for the first time.
DURING THIS EPISODE WE TALK ABOUT:
- Brooke’s identity and self-worth based on life within the walls of ‘the tech giant’
- Misaligned values of success and striving for love and belonging
- setting unrealistic expectations and fear of underachieving
- Brooke’s personal story of Workplace Harassment- Effects & Outcomes
- Learning how to regular internal pressure and creating habits for healthy stress release
- Workaholism, alcoholism, and the dangers of losing one’s identity
- Exploring 3 Pillars of addiction
- Tips for detaching from work and technology
- Moving forward with routines for a sustainable healthy balance
You can check out Brooke’s website at: https://www.brookevtaylor.com/
If you liked this episode then please subscribe, rate & review on iTunes. Also, please share this podcast link on social media to friends, family and colleagues – your support is much appreciated!