A global workplace bullying survey conducted by Executive Secretary magazine paints a grim picture of modern work environments. More than 60% of administrative professionals reported being bullied at least once during their career and two-thirds had been bullied more than three times during their career.
The most worrying survey finding was how poorly businesses handled these bullying incidents. A third of respondents said their complaints were completely ignored and over a quarter found that after they found the courage to speak up, their revelations were turned against them.
Although 29% of businesses spoke to the perpetrators about their behaviour, only 7% of the bullies had ANY form of disciplinary action taken against them and a mere 1% were suspended pending an investigation.
Failing to address bullying loses money, wastes time and alienates employees.
Comprehensive anti-bullying training for managers can help your business to:
- create a mutually respectful and professional workplace
- boost staff productivity and engagement
- save time by streamlining the way you deal with bullying incidents
- address negative behaviours fairly and supportively
- help management handle complex bullying situations more efficiently
- create a more positive organisational culture where everyone feels valued
- ensure your managers are aware of (and comply with) laws applicable to workplace anti-discrimination, bullying and harassment
- help your business establish a reputation as a fair employer that attracts (and keeps) top talent and cares about the health and well-being of its employees
For more information, contact Jessica at email@example.com.
GET FREE UPDATES
bullyology is a professional member of these associations: